|All||Maximum quality of produced preparations:|
|0||Can make single-effect preparations (2 ingredients maximum)|
|30||Can make single-effect preparations (3 ingredients maximum)|
|60||Can create naphtha, flavour and flux|
Can plant and harvest herbs from herbal garden
|90||Can make double-effect preparations (3 ingredients maximum)|
|100||Permanent +5 bonus to luck during preparation-making|
|Skill ID 12|
Herbalism is one of the two tier 2 crafting skills in the Nature's lore branch. It allows to create preparations, naphtha required for lanterns, candles and brazers, spices and flux required in construction of majority of buildings. Level 30 of Nature's lore is required to learn this skill. To increase Herbalism past level 30, Nature's lore skill must be at level 60.
Herbalism is used to create preparations, which can be eaten to gain temporary buffs. It is also of note that Herbalism is how one achieves Naphtha, Flavour, and Flux through experimenting with ingredients.
- go to your inventory, press right mouse button on it
- select "Herbalism -> Mix a preparation"
- after that a new window for Herbalism opens.
- There you start by moving your Herbs to the upper left corner boxes.
At first you only can mix with 2 herbs, but as your skill improves you can mix 3. Selecting different herbs will give you different results.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Min – Max
|Mix 2 ingredients for 1 effect||0||MinTime – MaxTime||Mortar and pestle||None||SUsed||GCool||OCool|
|Mix 3 ingredients for 1 effect||30||MinTime – MaxTime||Mortar and pestle||None||SUsed||GCool||OCool|
|Create Naphtha||60||MinTime – MaxTime||Mortar and pestle||None||SUsed||GCool||OCool|
|Create Flavour||60||MinTime – MaxTime||Mortar and pestle||None||SUsed||GCool||OCool|
|Create Flux||60||MinTime – MaxTime||Mortar and pestle||None||SUsed||GCool||OCool|
|Mix 3 ingredients for 2 effects||90||MinTime – MaxTime||Mortar and pestle||None||SUsed||GCool||OCool|
Positive Preparations[edit | edit source]
|Image||Name||Effect||Effect description||Effect icon||Effect outcome|
|Iron Will Preparation||Raise Will||Raise Will||raise Willpower (Will)|
|Adrenaline Preparation||Reviving||You are returning to life||restore soft HP (sHP)|
|Toughness Preparation||constitution||Raise Con||raise Constitution (Con)|
|Bull's Strength Preparation||strong||You feel stronger!||raise Strength (Str)|
|Aquila Wings Preparation||raise maximum soft stamina||You have more Stamina!||raise max soft Stamina|
|Swift Mind Preparation||smart||You feel smarter!||raise Intellect (Int)|
|Refreshing Preparation||refresh||You feel refreshed!||restore hard Stamina|
|Double Blood Preparation||Antidote||Removes poisoned status||Antidote|
|Swift Limbs Preparation||fast||You feel faster!||raise Agility (Agi)|
Poisonous Preparations[edit | edit source]
|Image||Name||Effect||Effect icon||Effect outcome|
|Numbing Preparation||Damage sHP||Damage soft HP|
|Eternal Sleep Preparation||Lowers max sHP||Lowers max soft HP|
|Poisonous Preparation||Damage hHP||Damage hard HP|
|Lungs of Stone Preparation||Damage sStam regen||Damage soft Stamina regen|
|Breathtaker Preparation||Lowers max sStam||Lowers max soft Stamina|
|Grave Weight Preparation||Damage hStam||Damage hard Stamina|
Note: There are no preparation to restore HardHP!
Duration[edit | edit source]
- The duration of effect for a preparation is decided by the quality of the produced preparation that increase at an increased return for each point of quality. The magnitude of the preparation does not have any noticeable effect on the duration. The data below was gathered using soft HP recovering preparations of various quality to graph out the rate of change and find an equation to fit. The equation is as follows, duration=0.0575*(x^2.04). Below is a small group of quality for you to get a rough estimate on the duration of your preparations. Please note that the later end of the sheet with quality 80+ is only theoretical as it has not been tested yet to fit or break the equation.
- Blur and Stacking
- This effect lasts for the same duration of the preparation you took and for each preparation you take your screen will continue to blur up to a max of 6 preparations in a row. The effect of the blur is as long as the last preparation you take. So if you take a 5 quality 100 preparations then take a quality 50 preparation your blur will only last for 168 seconds. However, this also is how long your preparation effect will last meaning your effect will also last 168 seconds.
- Since you can take up to 6 preparations, the magnitude of each will be combined as long as you eat each preparation before the previous effect runs out. This will also reset the duration of your effect to the duration of the last eaten preparation.
- Example) If you take a quality 10 magnitude 4.5 preparation you will have that 4.5 effect for 6.3 seconds. If before that you take a 40 quality, magnitude 4.5 preparation your effect will now be 9 magnitude and last the duration of the 40 quality, 106 seconds. And if you take another 4.5 magnitude, 100 quality preparation you will have a 13.5 magnitude effect for 691 second
Flux production[edit | edit source]
- Flux is the main reason players do Herbalism as it is a required component to make Steel bars, Steel ingots and Mortar. Out of the 66 available herbs in-game which can be gathered, 11 of them produce Flux. The main method of determining what your own Flux herbs are is to gather a large sum of each herb, stack them in your inventory neatly (with quantities of each herb in 5+ so you always have some, this process might take a few hours of gathering and sorting), and start mixing herbs until you find two which produce Flux together. Once you find those, set them aside in your inventory. Then, proceed to mix those flux-producing herbs with other herbs in your inventory, one by one, until you find more herbs which make Flux. You can then set those ones aside too until you hopefully find 11 herbs.
- If you have someone else in your group doing herbalism you can trade herbs you don't use to make Flux with them, and cooperatively make more Flux by sharing the herbs they use with the herbs you use.
- Always keep a record of the herbs you require to produce Flux, either in a notepad, or take a screenshot which you can share with others. Keeping one piece of each of your herbs is helpful too unless you are in a situation where you might lose them from fighting.
Training Tips[edit | edit source]
Have a piece of advice for effective training? Edit this section and place it here!
- The properties of the gathered Herbs are individual for every Player. A recipe that might produce Naphtha for one player may actually produce Flux or something else entirely for a different player. Two players are fully capable of sharing herbs, and the properties one person finds on an herb does not affect the properties another will see for the herb.
- Some helpful spreadsheets, made by other players:
- Some tips to grab herbs easier:
- If you gather in first person (letter C on the keyboard), it is easier to target the plant.
- Target the stem at the the bottom of the plan, it moves less.
- You can turn down the grass-distance option in video settings to 0. After this is done, the only plants on the ground will be the herbs and trees.
- This is changed in the MMO version 28 December 2016 (UTC): Player can't see herbs that should show up during a search. Only after the search is finished successfully, you can see one tall plant with bright blue flowers.
References[edit | edit source]
|Crafting skills | Artisan|
|Artisan||→ Carpentry||→ Bowcraft||→ Warfare Engineering|
|⤷ Construction||→ Masonry||→ Architecture|
|⤷ Building Maintain|
|⤷ Digging||→ Mining||→ Precious Prospecting|
|⤷ Materials Preparation||→ Smelting||→ Forging|
|Crafting skills | Nature's Lore|
|Nature's Lore||→ Herbalism||→ Healing||→ Alchemy|
|⤷ Farming||→ Forestry|
|⤷ Advanced Farming||→ Brewing|
|Crafting skills | Hunting|
|Hunting||→ Animal Lore||→ Procuration||→ Warhorse Training|