We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Life is Feudal is a harsh realistic medieval world. A medieval world without magic. Thus, combat is limited to real types of medieval combat:
Combat Pace[edit | edit source]
The goal is to provide at least 2 blows minimum to kill/KO a player. But not more than 10-15 or so blows maximum to kill a fully armored person. There will be no absolute protection, so even if you have a rusty knife, you should be able to disassemble a fully armored knight in a few minutes of constant hitting. This includes archery as there will not be one-shot kills but they decided to add an ability called Arrow to the knee nonetheless.
Damage Types[edit | edit source]
Players, Wild animals, Weapons and Projectiles deal the following types of damage:
|Type of damage||Inflicted by||Comments|
|Slashing||Inflicted by most bladed weapons, Bears/Wolves, Simple arrows and Broadhead arrows||Most general type of damage, effective against unarmored/lightly armored characters and Wild animals. Not very effective against heavily armored characters.|
|Blunt||Inflicted by practice weaponry, hammers/mauls, non-predator Wild animals, Dull arrows and Dull bolts||Non-lethal type of damage (depletes SoftHPs instead of HardHPs). Quite effective against armored characters, not quite as effective against unarmored/lightly armored characters.|
|Piercing||Inflicted by spears, pikes, some specialized piercing weaponry, Bolts, Heavy bolts and Bodkin arrows||Effective against heavily armored characters. Not as effective against unarmored/lightly armored characters.|
|Siege||Inflicted by some siege weaponry, siege hammers and Fire arrows||Ineffective against players and Wild animals. Only type of damage that buildings are vulnerable to.|
Equipment management[edit | edit source]
To read more about equipment in general: Equipment.
All characters have 4 weapon slots:
- Left Back Slot (Ability)
- Right Back Slot (Ability)
- Left Waist Slot (Ability)
- Right Waist Slot (Ability)
The total weight of all equipped items affects character movement. Critical weight is calculated based on the Strength stat.
Different weapons deal different types of damage which must be taken into account when engaging in combat.
Some tips regarding combat equipment:
- Because of the full loot feature, only equip weapons and armor that you can afford to lose!
- Equipping a weapon into a weapon slot or donning an armor requires some time and the process will be interrupted if/when the character is damaged, so it is a good advice to prepare your set of weapons and armor before engaging in combat.
- Keep an eye on the durability of your weapons and armor. It is a good habit to ensure they are repaired before engaging in combat. Carrying a second main weapon or shield is a good habit and might save your life in an intense battle.
- Shields are heavily damaged by axe-type weapons.
- Have at least one blunt damage weapon equipped. This might be useful in certain situations to avoid killing someone and losing a lot of alignment - just knock him out instead!
Body parts[edit | edit source]
|Body Part||Received damage multiplier|
General combat abilities[edit | edit source]
- I Yield. Your character enters yielding state. Any amount of blunt damage will instantly result in a knockout. Killing a character in a yielding state will incur even more alignment loss to a murderer. Good ability to keep your skills intact and avoid death.
- Flee. All your equipped weapons will be unequipped and placed in your inventory, this will decreased equipped weight and speed the character. Provides a short-duration Accelerated effect that speeds your character. You will gain Disabled, losing the ability to fight back or interact with anything, but might be able to outrun those who are chasing you.